I love hosting! It is something I definitely get from my Mama but I struggle to find time to do it lately. If you are like me, I rarely have time to fill up my water glass, much less a fancy cocktail. Since it is now summer time and the kids are living in the pool and outside in the heat, my goal is to at least attempt a fun cocktail that is not just in a screw top. If you find yourself hosting people at your house or just feel like throwing something together for you and your hubby, here is a fun twist to some of my favorite cocktails and mocktails that will give you that refreshing taste and also include ingredients that you may just have in the house. Happy Sipping!
l a v e n d e r s a n g r i a
Oh my gosh – this is going to be your new summer drink. White wine is my go-to drink and it is so fun to make it with a twist and turn it into a summer sangria! This would also be so amazing at a bridal or baby shower this summer. This is NOT the easiest and quickest drink to make but definitely a favorite!
- 1 750mL bottle of Pinot Grigio or Savignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup of Brandy
- 1/2 cup of Grand Marnier
- 2 cups of club soda (flavored if you prefer)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of lavender syrup (recipe below)
- 1 pint of strawberries sliced
- 1 10 ounce bag of frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of dried culinary lavender
- 2 sprigs of fresh lavender
Instructions — add the fruit to the bottom of the pitcher. Pour your wine, brandy, grand marnier, lavender syrup, and club soda over top and stir. Start with 1/3 of lavender syrup and taste- add more if you need it.
Lavender Simple Syrup
1. Place the sugar, water, and lavender in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk until the sugar dissolves, bringing the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 1 minute- let the mixture cool completely. Strain the mixture to remove lavender. Store in sealed container in fridge.
s t r a w b e r r y b a s i l l i m e c o o l e r
My favoriteeeeee cocktail ever will be something with fruit and basil. This is such an amazing summer drink and I definitely made this as a mocktail while I was pregnant with the twins.
- 16 ounces of filtered water
- 16 ounces of soda water
- 1/2 pint of strawberries (about 8)
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 limes
- ice for serving
Fill a 32 ounce pitcher with 16 ounces filter water then add strawberries and chopped basil. Squeeze one whole lime into the pitcher and then slice the other. Place lime into water. Allow fruit to sit in the water for a few hours to absorb the flavor. The longer you allow the fruit to soak, the stronger the flavor will be. When ready to serve, add soda water and ice.
**You could always throw in a shot of something carb-free like vodka or tequila.
s t r a w b e r r y t h y m e p r o s c e c c o
This recipe is shared from DamnDelicious.net and one I have definitely used for a bridal shower. Go follow her- the recipes are amazing!
- 2 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup limoncello liqueur
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 (750mL) bottle of sparkling white wine
1. Combine strawberries, limoncello, and thyme, in blender under strawberries are slightly crush.
2. Pour strawberry mixture into champagne flutes until half full, Fill glasses with white wine.
3. Serve immediately after pour.