r e d . w h i t e . a n d . b e r r y. p o p s i c l e s
4th of July is quickly approaching! As I am slowly accepting the fact that we are not traveling much this summer and stuck inside, I am trying to come up with fun things for us to do- which usually involves some sort of food or drink concoction. Today we made “Red, White and Berry” Popsicles. It was super easy for my toddler to be involved in. It involves just t h r e e ingredients and it isn’t loaded with sugar. The only hard part is the waiting for it to freeze. It is always a good lesson when we have to test a toddler’s patience.
Popsicle Molds: (Today, we are using the Koji mold from Target – Easier for toddler use)
1 1/2 cup of blueberries
1 cup raspberries
2 cups of limeade (I use Simply Limeade)
– Divide blueberries and raspberries within the freezer pop molds.
– Pour limeade over the berries.
– Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm.
– Freezing takes about 6 hours.
– Dip the molds briefly in hot water before un-molding.
c h a m p a g n e . p o p s
If you know me, you know I like my champs. What a fun & easy way to incorporate this in a frozen treat for adults by the pool or beach for the 4th. After you see how easy this is, you can put your own twist to it. This is the Barefoot Champagne Pop Recipe – I have made these and added different fruits for different occasions.
3/4 cup Barefoot Bubbly Berry Fusion
3/4 cup Barefoot Bubbly Extra Dry Champagne
8-10 oz of mixed berries, apples, pomegranate arils (Gives the red and blue colors)
– Fill half of the popsicle molds half way up with Barefoot Bubbly Berry Fusion and the other molds with
Bubble Extra Dry Champagne.
– Layer each mold with a variety of fruit
– Transfer to freezer and chill until frozen solid (these take about 2-4 hours for these to freeze thoroughly)